It’s maturing into an adult now. Already far into its adolescence as a platform, Facebook continues to dominate despite its advanced age (just check out these mind-boggling Facebook facts).
Google’s attempt to compete with Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook by releasing the Google+ platform (at a development cost of over $500 million) has mostly failed, and Google+ is now largely ignored by marketers.
During the past year, “pay to play” advertising has become more popular than “earned” (or “free”) advertising. More significant is the influence of “quasi-social networks” like Snapchat and WhatsApp, which began as social messaging apps.
This generation has grown up constantly online, and they are the ones responsible for this transition in the social web. It’s probably time to find a new playground if your mother signs up for Facebook. It’s not cool for teenagers to dance with their parents. Right!
What does 2015 have in store for the social media web?
The simple fact is that the word “mobile” describes it well. The proliferation of smartphones is a direct result of the decrease in price of the devices and the increase in speed and availability of wireless networks.
The Reality of Mobile Social Media
Internet service delivered by poles and wires is a first-world amenity that has been unavailable in the developing countries. Mobile wireless networks provide a short cut to a more interconnected and equitable society for the aspirational masses. Instead than putting up expensive permanent infrastructure, just construct a skyscraper.
Statistics About Facebook
The superiority and haughtiness of Facebook is a target for your ire. Of course, this cannot be disregarded.
Even though tall poppies are simple to shoot down, Facebook has finally figured out the social networking puzzle. This company is the pinnacle of beta capitalism. In a world dominated by digital disruption, it’s all about real-time feature testing and snatching up cutting-edge software available online.
Data from Twitter
Don’t let the fact that Twitter became a social network by accident deceive you. A fantastic tool for spreading the word about a brand.
At latest count, Twitter has 284 million active users.
500 million tweets are sent out every day, and 88% of Twitter users are on smartphones.
Truths About Google+
Google finally realised what was happening, but it was too late to have a real impact.
The development and design of Google+’s 363 million users cost nearly $500 million.
5 billion times a day, people click the +1 button.
Information about Instagram
Facebook is the owner of this system. They saw the potential of the synergies at the junction of social media and mobile devices. Indeed, they were correct.
- More than 300 million people use Instagram.
- 53% of internet users between the ages of 18 and 29 use Instagram, and 70 million photographs and videos are exchanged every day.
Data from Pinterest
Pinboards are now able to be done digitally thanks to Pinterest. It focuses on women and relies heavily on visuals.
Almost eighty percent of Pinterest’s user base consists of women.
There are currently million of active users.
88% of pinners ultimately make a purchase
Data from LinkedIn
When it comes to social media for professionals, LinkedIn is unrivalled. It’s one of the longest-running ones, having premiered in 2002. Almost the ancestor of today’s social media platforms.
- There are currently 347 million LinkedIn users.
- 2014 ended with $643 million in sales (a 44% increase from the previous year).
- Almost 39 million current students and recent graduates use LinkedIn.
Other Evidence from Social Media
While Facebook may have the most clout, there are a plethora of other social media facts and networks that shouldn’t be overlooked. Specialized and not native English speakers.
- An estimated 200 million people worldwide use the messaging app Viber.
- Qzone has 639 million active users (China)
- Whatsapp has 600 million users.
- Five hundred million people utilise Facebook’s instant messaging service.
- With 468 million, WeChat is a close second (China)
- Recent estimates put Snapchat’s value as close to $20 billion.
- Snapchat attracts 100 million active users per month.
- The Russian social networking site “VKontake” boasts 100 million subscribers.
- In 2015, social networks’ ad revenues would total $8.3 billion, according to studies cited by Growing Social Media, PewInternet.org, and LinkedIn.com.
So, what are your plans?
At the beginning, there were only a handful of social media sites; today, another compulsive piece of equipment has amplified their influence. Mobile.
The rules are shifting.
What are some ways you may promote your business through the use of images, text messages, and mobile devices? Applications like Instagram, Snapchat, and Whatsapp are changing the dynamic.