You probably worry about having your TikTok videos stolen by bad actors, whether you make them for fun, as an influencer, or on behalf of a brand. When you consider the growing importance of honesty in the online world, it’s understandable that you’d be anxious about impostors taking over your social media accounts.
The purpose of TikTok verification
If you want to make sure that your TikTok account is legit, you can verify it. In addition to establishing the veracity of the user, this method of authentication can prevent their data from being stolen or otherwise exploited.
What this means is that having your channel verified on TikTok will show your viewers that your channel is unique and not imitated in any way. A verification badge will appear on your channel once you’ve been approved.
The advantages of TikTok verification
Successfully navigating the TikTok verification process will benefit both you and your viewers. The advantages of a verified TikTok account include access to more channels and other perks.
Videos posted by verified accounts tend to rank higher in search results. In addition, viewers are more likely to spread the word about videos posted by verified accounts for fear of spreading fake news.
Being verified shows that you care about your reputation and thus increases your credibility. They know, for instance, that you came up with the idea for your latest dance challenge all on your own.
Being “verified” on TikTok means that the platform has good faith that you are who you say you are. So, they can evaluate your credibility without worrying that you’re a fraud.
Safeguards against imitators – “Mirror” channels are frequently created by trolls in an effort to steal viewers’ attention. The temptation to cheat is diminished if spectators can verify your claims.
Explanation of TikTok’s verification process
The verification procedure is easy to complete, but it may not be accessible to all users. Instructions are as follows:
- To access the app’s settings, find your profile in the lower right corner, click it, and then choose Settings from the resulting menu.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Settings.”
- To verify your account, go to’manage’ and then’verification.’
- Following this, there will be some instructions for you to carry out. After you’ve filled them out and sent in your request, it will be reviewed to see if you meet the requirements for verification.
- Have everything you need handy to ensure a smooth procedure. For instance, I suggest you have identification or other proofs of account ownership on hand.
Where can I find the requirements for TikTok verification?
- You need to maintain an active account by posting frequently. Inactive accounts on TikTok aren’t subject to verification checks.
- Be truthful about who you are. Identity proof is a crucial part of the verification process, as it helps prevent fraud on all ends. To open a personal account, you need provide only your own proof of identity.
- TikTok demands that you complete your profile in full before you can become Verified. As a result, people are more likely to open up and share with one another.
- prominence – Yet again, nobody on TikTok is verified. That is, if you are just getting started, you should hold off until you have a solid fan base.
- TikTok offers varying degrees of protection for your account. When using a verified account, TikTok will only allow posts from the verified account’s owner.
- Compliance with community standards and T&Cs safeguards both TikTok and its users. They only want legitimate actors to be recognised as such and given the due esteem that comes with it.
Here are 5 things to keep in mind when applying to TikTok for verification
You can increase the likelihood of a positive response to your application by following these five guidelines.
Make sure your profile is current and comprehensive
If you want people to take you seriously, your profile needs to reflect your current situation accurately. This information includes things like your name, bio, profile picture, and other identifying information. Having complete and accurate profile information does wonders for both your credibility and the veracity of your account, and it also helps you connect with your target audience.
Produce engaging material
Make sure the content you produce is interesting and useful to the target audience. Depending on your specific market and customer base, what constitutes “engaging” and “relevant” content will look very different. For a business profile, for instance, the kind of content that is most useful to you will be that which is specifically related to your line of work. If you want to connect with your audience on a deeper level, you can use content like humour.
Make use of appropriate hashtags
If you want your posts to be seen and read by more people, use hashtags. Increasing your TikTok views is a necessary step towards earning verification. With the right hashtags, more people will find your content and your following will expand. People will learn that you’re producing videos in this genre because they’ll be searching for it. In addition, the hashtags you use can help the algorithm suggest your videos to users who are interested in the same topics.
Keep a regular posting schedule
Maintaining interest among your followers requires constant posting. Posting multiple times per week or even once per day is recommended for business accounts. By publishing at set intervals, readers will learn to anticipate and anticipate your content on their FYP. As more and more of these users engage with your content, more and more FYP pages will link to it.
Use popular hashtags
If you want more people to see your content, one great strategy is to use trending hashtags. By incorporating trending hashtags into your posts, you increase the likelihood that they will be seen by a wider audience, which in turn increases the likelihood that you will gain new followers. Most users find new content by browsing the “For You” page, which can be accessed by using trending hashtags.