Finally, after years of trial and error and failure to get top search ranks and create backlinks from sites with a high domain authority, it all came together for us, and et voilà! Success is ours.
In just over two years, we improved our keyword ranks for over thirty different U.S. cities. This method has been tried and proven effective on not just one or two, but over 30 different destination pages.
Here we will reveal our winning formula.
You’ll need to make use of a local SEO tool to implement this plan for your company’s website. I had great success by using Semrush.com to research keywords, check for broken links, and track rankings. It’s not totally cheap, but it’s much cheaper than local SEO.
Following is an SEO tactic that will:
- Build up the number of people who share and visit your website on social media.
- Facilitate the establishment of superior inbound links.
- Permit your company to naturally rank for extremely competitive search phrases.
- Transform your website into a lead generator.
- Get a lot less people to leave your website after visiting just the homepage.
- Help you increase your conversion rate and the number of people who click through to your site.
- Don’t settle for the same old keywords; be creative.
Pick a Niche Keyword, Tack on a Location Modifier, and Enter It Into Semrush.com
In this essay, Semrush.com does a great job at explaining how to choose the right keywords for your business.
Select the keywords you wish to rank for, and then use Semrush’s keyword overview tool to drop a location next to each chosen term. After that, Semrush will provide you a fantastic selection of relevant keywords for your local page.
Build localized web presences for your company with this free SEO localization template
Change the generic terms “debt relief,” “debt settlement,” and “debt consolidation” to something more specific to your field.
The h1 may read “California iPhone Repair Services,” while the h2 could boast about being a “A+ Rated” business with the Better Business Bureau.
This brings us to Stage Three: Get people to stop clicking away from your homepage and instead explore your various locations.
Put an end to your homepage’s futile attempts at persuasion
It is important to route visitors from the homepage to the precise sections of your site that contain the information they are seeking.
Why do people seek out your company when they need assistance? Facilitate the process by which they can locate the precise item they require.
Has your company expanded to more than one location?
Indirectly providing powerful local business ranking signals that Google can readily translate, your homepage should make it easy for customers to find the page that is designed for their location.
Add Schema.org microdata to your geo-targeted pages
This next bit is a real delight for those of us who have only a rudimentary understanding of how to write code. Although the benefits of adopting Schema.org are well-known, actually incorporating it into website content can be challenging.
For some of us, the whole subject of Schema.org can be a major nuisance, especially with all the Schema.org WordPress plugins that produce more markup mistakes inside your Google Webmaster Tools account than the beneficial features that they provide to your website.
Creating and using Schema.org into your personal websites has never been easier than with this free online tool.
Local universities link to your site
Joining things together is where things get interesting.
The company is proud to announce the yearly scholarship it will be offering.
To name just a few of the scholarship’s perks:
- Donating to students is a great way to promote your company while also granting some students’ wishes to attend college.
- Local educational institutions will promote your scholarship on their own websites, providing you with valuable inbound links from their high-authority sites.
- Incredibly valuable student-created content will be posted to your site without charge.
- People, including students and voters, will spread the word about your website by sharing and like it on social media.
- Scholarships tend to get covered by local media, which could mean lots of new visitors from your area.
- The scholarship award money that your company sends out is completely tax deductible.
- Students who are trying to save up for college costs are, without a doubt, highly motivated and self-driven. It’s a huge effort for a huge reason.
Once you have a scholarship page up on your site, you can begin contacting schools to see if they will include it on theirs.
Get Tons of Attention and Shares on Social Media
Once you’ve published each applicant’s essay, video, or infographic on your site, they’ll begin spreading it throughout social media in an effort to garner votes, which will in turn bring your firm a ton of publicity, traffic, social shares, and links. The “cash prize” at stake is what really gets the applicants going in their applications.
Votes result in likes and shares on social media, exposing your page to new visitors.
Use Semrush to monitor your progress and watch your search engine rankings improve
With Semrush’s report generator and project tools, monitoring progress is a breeze. You can have weekly statistics emailed to you detailing your growing organic traffic, best keywords, best backlinks, and most socially engaged posts.
If a large number of spammy links are detected, Semrush will send an email alerting us; we may then choose to disavow specific links or contact the site’s operator to seek removal.